10 November 2007

Vinculated sintonia ...

3 November 2007

Another Saturday night and how I wish I had someone to talk to …

There is a certain ‘sintonia’ to the past couple of weekends. I’m not sure what the English word for ‘sintonia’ is; I’m pretty sure it’s right out there just beyond the edge of my mind. ‘Sintonia’ is another word like ‘vinculado’, one of those words that should exist in English but doesn’t …quite.

Things are linked but that isn’t quite the same as ‘vinculado’; there’s a degree of connection that ‘vinculado’ implies that is far more than a mere link.

But, as always, I’ve digressed. Somewhere back there I was trying to talk about the ‘sintonia’ between this Saturday night and the last. If I recall the last one, I was seated here, my computer in my lap, ruminating on the shallow vacuous-ness of evenings spent with empty minded people eating over cooked and tasteless food with over-priced wine and watered-down cocktails (at least that’s what I was thinking about). I was, if I recall, singing the praises of creative loneliness. A far more entertaining and constructive way to spend you time than engaging in empty verbal trivialisation about superficialities.

[Wow! I really do sound bitter, don’t I? Perhaps it’s time for the wife to finish sorting out her Mother and the rest of the family in Taiwan and come on back before I fold up into some sour old cynic?]

There’s really no point to ‘sintonia’ here – it gave me a chance to parade a bit of language knowledge, to write smarter than I speak, think or, sadly, am.

Of course, now I’ve given the game away. I just created the opportunity to use ‘sintonia’ and ‘vinculado’. But, wait, maybe there is something to be gotten out of all this, maybe there’s a way to rationalise the time I’ve spent writing this crap and you’ve spent reading this dross? … Yep, I think there is! And this is what it is:

You need to recognise links in life. ‘Vinculation’ is important. ‘Sintonia’ is also important. It helps you to recognise patterns and make a picture, to put things together (to ‘vinculate’ them if you will).

No comments: