10 May 2013

Sexual Assault Prevention -- the US Air Force

Wednesday - 8 May 2013

Jeffrey Krusinski is a fox. Not the sexy kind, he is an actual, feral, fox. The United States Air Force is the hen house:

Can this be so? The officer in charge of sexual assault prevention programs for the US Air Force, the aforementioned Jeffrey Krusinski, has been arrested and charged with sexual battery.

Late on Sunday evening, just after midnight, Jeffrey, a Lieutenant Colonel and head of sexual assault prevention programs for the Air Force, approached a woman he did not know in a parking lot in Crystal City, near the Pentagon, and grabbed her breasts and buttocks before she fended him off and called 911.

Col. Krusinski has been removed from his job as chief of the sexual assault prevention and response branch. He had been in the job for about two months. What is he going to tell the wife and kids?

There are not many bright spots to this story that I can admit to as a caring, 21st century guy. Not only do I feel bad for Jeffrey's wife and kids, I am very sorry for the woman that Col. Krusinski attacked. Obviously, though, it is a great relief that she was able to fend him off and get help.

Some might try to justify Col. Krusinski's behavior by arguing that he was taking his job seriously; this was field research: know thine enemy, walk a mile in his (or her) shoes, etc.

Could it have been that this was a sort of live fire drill?

I just don't know where to go with this. There are so many, many paths you could take. I invite everyone to send me their best explanation and I'll compile and publish them on my blog.

What I can tell you is that people who don't think Americans either 'get' or 'do' irony are entirely wrong!

I did not read this in 'The Onion'! I read it in the 'International Herald Tribune' which has no visible sense of humor at all.

Also, let me close by saying how disappointed I am in Jeffrey. He let me, and all men, down and he let us down bad! The United States Air Force expects more, deserves more!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: